Freelance Writer and Editor, April 2011–present
• Write and edit feature stories and website copy, mostly for clients that produce content for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I write several articles per week for various publications, including UtahValley360.com, Community Magazine and the LDS Church.
SEO Writer, Jan. 2011–April 2011
Professional Marketing International — Lehi, Utah
• Wrote and edited blog posts for the company’s dozens of blogs for search engine optimization purposes
• Wrote and edited articles for online databases to drive traffic to PMI’s websites and blogs
• Worked to organize, publicize and execute public relations events for PMI
Intern, Liahona magazine, May 2010–Dec. 2010
Magazines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — Salt Lake City, Utah
• Edited submissions to the Ensign and Liahona magazines in preparation for print
• Wrote and edited dozens of news pieces and features for the Liahona, Ensign and New Era magazines
• Worked with the newly formed News and Events team to create content for the web
Managing Editor, Jan. 2010–April 2010
BYU-Idaho Scroll — Rexburg, Idaho
• Oversaw the entire production of a 32- to 44-page weekly newspaper
• Designed the front page of all 13 issues of the newspaper that semester
University Website Content Editor, Feb. 2009 – Dec. 2009
BYU-Idaho University Communications — Rexburg, Idaho
• Generated content for a new BYU-Idaho website, expected to be launched in 2011
• Collaborated with a team to develop an official strategy for displaying messages on new website
• Presented project progress to university President Kim B. Clark and Vice President Henry J. Eyring
Editorial Intern, Aug. 2008–Dec. 2008
Bennett Communications — Orem, Utah
• Wrote and edited magazine articles for several publications, including Utah Valley Magazine, Utah Valley Bride, Utah Valley BusinessQ, Celebrating Women, Corporate Alliance and MainStreet Magazine
• Conducted interviews with valley residents and wrote magazine feature stories
• Consulted with business owners and ad reps to write and organize content for marketing sections
Samantha MillburnEditor, Covenant Communications
Breanna is a natural writing talent. It’s in her veins, and it comes out on paper like a work of art. She has the ability to take an idea and form it into an article or book full of feeling, anticipation, and life. Her research is thorough, and her writing is professional. I don’t think she knows how to turn out a mediocre project—everything she does is at the highest level and with her greatest effort.
Rebecca LaneWeb editor, UtahValley360.com
One of the most refreshing skills Breanna has is that she has an endless stream of original ideas. Her love for research takes the monotony out of LDS news, which she covers. Always dependable, Breanna has a passion for research and writing that makes her an asset to the UtahValley360 team.
Gail NewboldSenior editor, Zions Bank Community Magazine
Breanna came to our magazine in 2014 highly recommended by another of our writers and I’ve been happy with her work ever since. She’s willing to take any assignment I give her, meets her deadlines and works hard to please. I have continued to use her in almost every issue.
Mary HarperAssociate Editor, CrossTalk: The Journal of Defense Software Engineering
Breanna is a thorough and precise editor. Her command of the rules of language and careful application of style have been a huge asset to our editorial team. From very technical writing to more casual conversational pieces, I have appreciated her insightful corrections and suggestions to improve readability. I would not hesitate to recommend Breanna for any editing project and will continue to use her for our needs in the future.
Bachelor of Science, April 2010
Brigham Young University-Idaho — Rexburg, Idaho
GPA: 3.889. Major: Communication, emphasis in print journalism; Split minor: English, political science